Saturday, February 2, 2013

Vacation Endage

I didn't write about our last day and voyage home. We were scheduled to take a flight out of Edinburgh to London at 1:55pm, with a connection to Toronto at 4:20pm. We would have had an hour in between the first flight and the second flight, which, come to think of it, is pretty tight. But... our first flight was delayed.. by like two hours so we ended up landing in London at 4:30pm. OBV didn't make our connecting flight. Luckily British Airways took care of our asses and put us on another flight home... the next morning. So we had to stay the night at the Sofitel at Heathrow Airport - a posh hotel connected to the terminal. They also gave us dinner and breakfast for free. Not bad but I'd rather be home. Also I was stressing about them taking care of our luggage properly. "will they put it on the right plane" "they're totally gonna lose our luggage.." always the optimist.

I was eavesdrpping on these two guys who were on our flight, they missed their connection too (not to Toronto) and they had a wedding to go to on Saturday. British Airways was offering them a flight next day but that was 'unnacceptable' because they had this wedding. Yeah, that sucks. I'd be pissed too, but what are you gonna do? Friggin sucks.

The hotel was nice, the beds were nice. The flight from Edinburgh to London was awful for me, I was feeling so nauseous and I had to keep looking back at the toilets to make sure there was a free path in case I had to book it to barf. The poor guy beside me was probably getting nervous with my motions and grabbing the barf bag. Nothing worse than sitting next to a puker on the plane, and how embarrassing. I had to go to the washoom at one point to gather myself. I think I was having a panic attack on top of it.

2 comments: