Friday, June 14, 2013

Making Things Happen. Again.

After the last trip to Europe I couldn't stop thinking about my visit and connection with the family we have there. I absolutely needed to go back and see them again and it needed to be sooner rather than later. But not too soon of course... money needed to be saved, anticipation needed building and other certain preparations for the luxury of being able to hop on a plane and fly across the ocean. So here we are, nine months later and in less than 24 hours we will be back in Paris. Then straight back to Normandy. Then other places but I'll keep that a surprise and talk about it as it comes.

Having visions, wanting to do things, wanting to travel and take time off.. all of these things require "doings" in order to get there. You can't want/have without the "do". And doing I did. It's incredible having daydreams, fantasies about going places and actually bringing it all to reality. Picturing yourself in a different place, experiencing the culture, picking up smoking and drinking wine until you forget about your entire vacation.. ha just kidding.. It feels great, and I am aware of how fortunate I am to be able to do these things at such a prime time in my life. Some people say I am lucky to be visiting France again, but it's not luck, I wasn't given this trip and everything has it's price. I am fortunate for the opportunities that present themselves and I'm very grateful for who I am and where I come from, but luck doesn't take me places. Hard work, sacrifice, determination (and neurotic obsession) takes me places. :) And I don't regret a minute of it or a penny spent on it, but none of this is luck. Making things happen is a great feeling. You should try it if you haven't already, and it doesn't have to be just with travel. er yes it does. Although making your travel dreams happen is quite nice.

Now where's my wine? Let's get this show on the road shall we? How many times do you think I looked through my suitcase today? Guess how long it took me to decide my plane outfit? I will not land in Paris looking like a slob.

I also might note I am not "the best" to travel with sometimes -SOMETIMES, I literally have nightmares about missing flights (oh the horror!) so being on time is a "thing" and getting a bit drunk before flying is also mandatory. Watch out. Omagad we need to get going our flight leaves in 8 hours. Bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment